Driving Jobs in Canada: A reputed taxi service company is currently hiring some taxi driver to expand their business coverage. Qualified and skilled candidates are requested to apply with necessary documents as soon as possible. Salary and benefits are provided as per Canadian Government Wage/Salary Policy. Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
As a taxi driver, it will be your duty to provide customers with transportation, getting them to their destinations quickly and safely. Your responsibilities include guaranteeing top-notch client service, abiding by traffic regulations, and keeping the taxi clean and well-maintained.
Location: 140 Industrial Rd Steinbach, MBR5G 0Z1
Salary: 14.15 hourly / 40 hours per week
Terms of employment Permanent employment: Full time Day, Evening, Morning
Start date: Starts as soon as possible
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 to less than 7 months
- Various locations
Passenger Transportation: Pick up passengers from designated locations and safely transport them to their requested destinations.
Customer Service: Provide courteous and friendly customer service, assisting passengers with loading and unloading luggage, and ensuring their comfort during the journey.
Safe Driving: Operate the taxi in a safe and responsible manner, adhering to traffic rules and regulations to ensure the safety of passengers and other road users.
Route Optimization: Use navigation tools, such as GPS devices or smartphone apps, to find the most efficient and optimal routes to passengers’ destinations.
Fare Collection: Manage fare collection and handle payment transactions with passengers, providing accurate change and issuing receipts as needed.
Vehicle Maintenance: Regularly inspect and maintain the taxi, ensuring it is in good working condition and clean for each passenger.
Adherence to Regulations: Comply with local and state regulations for taxi drivers, including licensing requirements and any specific rules governing the taxi service.
Communication: Maintain effective communication with taxi dispatch services, updating them on the status of rides, availability, and any potential delays.
Customer Feedback: Listen to customer feedback and reviews, taking note of any suggestions or concerns to improve service quality.
Professionalism: Present a professional and well-groomed appearance while representing the taxi company to passengers.
1) Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
2) Knowledge of local traffic laws, roadways, and routes in the area of operation.
3) Excellent driving skills and ability to handle different road and weather conditions.
4) Strong customer service and communication skills to interact with passengers in a friendly and professional manner.
5) Familiarity with navigation tools, such as GPS devices or smartphone apps, to find optimal routes.
6) Physical stamina to sit for extended periods and handle vehicle operation for long shifts.
7) Flexibility to work varied shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, based on taxi service demands.
8) Good organizational and time management skills to adhere to pick-up and drop-off schedules.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team of taxi drivers, collaborating with dispatch services for efficient operation.
Clean and make minor repairs to vehicle
Pick up passengers and drive them to destinations
Assist passengers with luggage and in boarding vehicles
Take vehicle for servicing
Assist clients/guests with special needs
Attend to complaints or difficult passengers
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
Provincial or Territorial Commercial Vehicle licence (Class 4 or E)
Security and safety
1) Criminal record check
2) Driver’s validity license check
3) Drug test
Valid driver’s licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
Work under pressure
Attention to detail
1) Client focus
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply