Thanks for taking the time to read this!
Student Painters PEI Painting is a new painting company here in the Parksville region looking to build up a small team of motivated individuals who like the idea of making amazing summer earnings, all while working hard and having fun. We want to build a culture on both quality work and customer service. We value a healthy team atmosphere, and would love for you to apply if the following description fits what you’re looking for!
We’re a new painting company here in Parksville, and we’re looking to hire motivated individuals from either Parksville or the Nanaimo region. It’s a great summer gig if you enjoy being outside in the sun, and pays really well!
The job itself entails painting residential interiors and exteriors. No experience whatsoever is required; we undergo at least 1 week of supervised training, while supervisors are on and off the job sites all throughout the summer.
We would appreciate that only those who are team players apply for this position. We offer a starting piece rate of $18. Most painters by their third week in average at around $22/hour, so it’s a great summer position. You also get tips from clients when you do good quality work, sometimes bringing in an extra $200 a pay cheque!
You would be in for an amazing summer if you feel like these apply to you,
- You respect for your fellow colleagues and clients.
- You are committed to performing quality work
- You treat others homes like you would your own
- You value a clean and organized work site
- You are open to learning
- You are willing to work hard
- You enjoy working outside with others
- You have a reliable means of transportation
The only technical job requirement would be being able to use and move ladders around the job site. Safety is our number one, so we ensure everyone is all ladder-trained prior to any climbing.
Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions about the position!
- No degree, certificate or diploma
- Full time enrollment
- Part time enrollment
On the road job
Work locations may vary. Frequent or constant travel is required from the employee.
Work site environment
- At heights
- Various locations
- On-site customer service
- Prepare, clean and sand surfaces to be painted
- Repair cracks and holes
- Apply paint, wallpaper and other materials and finishes to interior and exterior surfaces
Experience and specialization
Equipment and machinery experience
- Brush painting
- Roller painting
Wood finishing specialization
- Own transportation
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Piece work
- Free parking available
- On-site recreation and activities
- Team building opportunities
- Salary16.50 to 21.00 hourly (to be negotiated) / 35 to 45 hours per week
- Terms of employment Seasonal employmentFull time
- Day, Early Morning
How to apply
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?