We are seeking a highly organized and proactive individual to join our team as an Office Manager. As the Office Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of our office, ensuring smooth and efficient functioning. Your excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and strong leadership abilities will contribute to maintaining a productive and professional work environment.
- Location: 5900 No. 3 Road Richmond, BCV6X 3P7
- Salary: 27.50 hourly 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment Permanent employment: Full time
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies 1
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
- Administrative Management:
- Manage and coordinate administrative tasks, such as handling correspondence, scheduling appointments, and organizing meetings.
- Oversee office supplies and equipment, ensuring their availability and proper functioning.
- Maintain and update office policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with company standards.
- Assist in the recruitment and onboarding process of new employees.
- Financial Management:
- Manage and reconcile office expenses, including budgeting and expense tracking.
- Process invoices, payments, and reimbursements in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with the finance department to ensure accurate record-keeping and financial reporting.
- Office Operations:
- Coordinate office activities and ensure efficient workflow.
- Manage office calendars, including scheduling and coordinating meetings, conferences, and travel arrangements.
- Maintain office records, including employee files, contracts, and other confidential documents.
- Oversee facilities management, including maintenance, repairs, and office security.
- Communication and Correspondence:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage incoming and outgoing communication, including emails, phone calls, and mail.
- Draft and proofread correspondence, reports, and other documents as needed.
- Facilitate effective communication within the office and across departments.
- Team Support and Leadership:
- Provide support and guidance to office staff, ensuring a positive work environment.
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive culture within the office.
- Conduct performance evaluations and provide feedback to team members.
- Identify training needs and coordinate professional development opportunities.
- Compliance and Legal Matters:
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and company policies.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and handle it with discretion.
- Stay updated on changes in regulations and implement necessary adjustments.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field preferred.
- Proven experience as an office manager or in a similar administrative role.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office and office management software.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask effectively.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Leadership and team management skills.
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements related to office management.
- Professional and approachable demeanor.
- Review, evaluate and implement new administrative procedures
- Delegate work to office support staff
- Establish work priorities and ensure procedures are followed and deadlines are met
- Carry out administrative activities of establishment
- Co-ordinate and plan for office services such as accommodation, relocation, equipment, supplies, forms, disposal of assets, parking, maintenance and security services
- Assist in the preparation of operating budget and maintain inventory and budgetary controls
- Oversee and co-ordinate office administrative procedures
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Here are some frequently asked questions about the General farm worker job:
What does an office manager do?
An office manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of an office or administrative department. Their tasks may include:
- Managing administrative tasks such as correspondence, scheduling appointments, and organizing meetings.
- Handling office supplies, equipment, and inventory management.
- Maintaining office policies, procedures, and documentation.
- Assisting in the recruitment and onboarding process of new employees.
- Managing office budgets and financial transactions.
- Coordinating office activities and ensuring efficient workflow.
- Serving as a point of contact for internal and external stakeholders.
- Providing support and guidance to office staff.
- Ensuring compliance with laws, regulations, and company policies.
What skills are important for an office manager?
To excel as an office manager, several skills are crucial. These include:
- Organizational skills: Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize, and maintain an organized work environment.
- Communication skills: Effective verbal and written communication to interact with staff and stakeholders.
- Time management: Efficiently managing time and resources to meet deadlines and accomplish tasks.
- Attention to detail: Paying close attention to details and accuracy in handling administrative tasks.
- Problem-solving: Ability to identify and address issues that may arise in office operations.
- Leadership: Skills to guide and motivate office staff, foster a positive work environment, and encourage teamwork.
- Technical skills: Proficiency in office software and equipment, including word processing, spreadsheets, and communication tools.
- Adaptability: Flexibility to handle changing priorities and adapt to new technologies or processes.
- Confidentiality: Maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information and handling it with discretion.
What education or experience is required to become an office manager?
The specific education and experience requirements for an office manager may vary depending on the industry and organization. However, a bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field is often preferred. Previous experience in administrative roles, such as executive assistant or office administrator, can be beneficial. Additionally, proficiency in office software and familiarity with office management practices are valuable skills. Ongoing professional development, such as attending workshops or obtaining certifications in office management, can also enhance your qualifications.
What are the career prospects for office managers?
Office managers play a vital role in various industries and organizations, offering diverse career prospects. With experience and demonstrated leadership skills, you may progress to higher-level management roles within the organization. This can include positions such as operations manager, administrative services manager, or executive assistant. Furthermore, office managers often have transferable skills that can be applied to different industries and sectors, providing opportunities for career growth and advancement.
What makes a successful office manager?
A successful office manager possesses a combination of strong organizational skills, effective communication, and leadership abilities. They have the ability to manage and prioritize tasks, adapt to changing circumstances, and handle challenges effectively. A successful office manager also values open communication, fosters a positive work environment, and promotes collaboration among team members. They demonstrate professionalism, maintain confidentiality, and continuously seek opportunities for professional development.
Becoming an office manager can offer a fulfilling career path for individuals who enjoy multitasking, organizational responsibilities, and supporting the smooth functioning of an office. If you have the necessary skills and qualities, along with a passion for administrative work, consider pursuing a career as an office manager.