A nanny is a professional who provides specialized care and supervision for children in a private household. Nannies typically work in the homes of the children they care for and are responsible for the well-being, safety, and development of the children under their care. The duties of a nanny may vary based on the needs of the family, the age of the children, and any specific requirements or routines set by the parents or guardians.
Nannies may work full-time, part-time, or live-in arrangements, depending on the needs and preferences of the family. Some nannies may have formal training or certifications in early childhood education or related fields, but many acquire their skills and expertise through hands-on experience and on-the-job training.
Being a nanny requires patience, flexibility, and a genuine love for working with children. It is a rewarding profession that allows nannies to have a significant impact on a child’s growth and development during their formative years.
1. Assume full responsibility for household in absence of parents
2. Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
3. Shop for food and household supplies
4. Travel with family on trips and assist with child supervision and housekeeping duties
5. Wash, iron and press clothing and household linens
6. Bathe, dress and feed infants and children
7. Discipline children according to the methods requested by the parents
8. Instruct children in personal hygiene and social development
9. Keep records of daily activities and health information regarding children
10. Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home
11. Organize, activities such as games and outings for children
12. Prepare and serve nutritious meals
13 Prepare infants and children for rest periods
14 Take children to and from school and to appointments
15. Tend to emotional well-being of children
16. Help children with homework
17.00 hourly / 30 to 44 hours per week
Permanent employment full time
Start date Starts as soon as possible
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 to less than 7 months
Work site environment
- Employer’s home
- Optional accommodation available at no charge on a live-in basis. Note: This is NOT a condition of employment
Security and safety
- Reference required
- Vulnerable sector check
- Public transportation is available
- Client focus
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
- If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.