A kitchen helper, also known as a kitchen assistant or kitchen aide, is a support staff member in a restaurant, hotel, catering company, or other food service establishment. Kitchen helpers play a crucial role in the smooth operation of the kitchen by assisting cooks, chefs, and other kitchen staff with various tasks.
Kitchen helpers typically work under the supervision of more experienced kitchen staff, and their duties may vary based on the size and type of establishment they work in. This role is often an entry-level position in the culinary industry, and it provides valuable experience for those aspiring to pursue a career as a chef or cook.
No formal education is usually required for a kitchen helper position, but having some experience in a kitchen environment or hospitality industry can be beneficial. Kitchen helpers learn on the job and acquire skills and knowledge from their colleagues while working in a fast-paced kitchen environment. Good communication, teamwork, and a willingness to learn are important qualities for a successful kitchen helper.
5036 – 167 AVENUE NWEdmonton, ABT5Y 4C5
15.50 hourly / 40 hours per week
Permanent employmentFull time
Day, Evening, Morning
- No degree, certificate or diploma
- Clean and sanitize kitchen including work surfaces, cupboards, storage areas, appliances and equipment
- Handle and store cleaning products
- Receive, unpack and store supplies in refrigerators, freezers, cupboards and other storage areas
- Remove kitchen garbage and trash
- Sharpen kitchen knives
- Sweep, mop, wash and polish floors
- Wash, peel and cut vegetables and fruit
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
5036 – 167 AVENUE NWEDMONTON, AB T5Y 4C5