Coming to this page indicates that you are looking for a job in Canada. Today a fish farm Job in Canada that goes with a salary of $600 per week is available. As a fish farm worker, your primary responsibilities involve the care, maintenance, and management of fish in aquaculture settings. Fish farms, also known as fish hatcheries or aquaculture farms, are facilities that raise fish for commercial, recreational, or conservation purposes.
5669 MARKET STUnion Bay, BCV0R 3B0
16.75 hourly / 32 hours per week
Permanent employmentFull time
Starts as soon as possible
- No degree, certificate or diploma
Work site environment
- In/on water
- Feed aquaculture stock
- Operate, maintain and clean pumps, filters and other aquaculture equipment
- Clean and maintain aquaculture enclosures
- Transfer stock to tanks in trucks and pack stock in special containers
- Dig shellfish from shellfish beds
- Clean, sort and pack shellfish
- Grade and weigh aquaculture stocks
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
- Team player
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
Fish farm workers may be employed at various types of fish farms, such as those raising salmon, trout, tilapia, catfish, or other fish species. Depending on the size of the fish farm and its specific focus, some workers may have additional specialized duties.
Overall, the role of a fish farm worker is crucial in supporting the sustainable and efficient production of fish for various purposes, contributing to the aquaculture industry and food production.