Are you a talented barber looking for new opportunities? Look no further! The demand for hair stylists in Canada is booming, and barbers are at the forefront of this exciting trend. With the rise of men’s grooming and the increasing popularity of stylish haircuts, the need for skilled barbers has never been higher. As men become more conscious of their appearance, they seek skilled professionals who can provide them with the perfect cut and style. From classic fades to modern pompadours, there is a wide range of styles that barbers are expected to master. Not only do barbers need technical skills, but they also need a knack for customer service and creating a welcoming environment.
The Barber industry in Canada
Canada has seen significant growth in the barber industry over the past decade. Men are now more conscious about their appearance and are willing to invest time and money in their grooming routine. This shift in mindset has led to a surge in demand for barbers who can provide high-quality haircuts and grooming services.
Barbershops have become more than just a place to get a haircut. They have evolved into social hubs where men can relax and enjoy a unique grooming experience. This change in the perception of barbershops has contributed to the growth of the industry and increased the demand for skilled professionals.
Barber job market statistics
According to recent statistics, the job market for barbers in Canada is extremely promising. The industry has experienced a steady growth rate of 3% over the past five years, and this trend is expected to continue in the coming years. With an average annual growth rate of 2.5%, the barber industry is projected to create thousands of new jobs in the near future.
The demand for barbers is particularly high in urban areas, where the population density and disposable income are higher. Cities like Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal have thriving barber scene and offer numerous job opportunities for skilled professionals.
The average salary of Barbers in Canada
The salary of barbers in Canada varies depending on factors such as location, experience, and clientele. On average, barbers in Canada earn between $30,000 and $60,000 per year. However, experienced barbers who have built a loyal client base and offer specialized services can earn significantly more.
It’s important to note that barbers have the potential to earn additional income through tips, product sales, and commission-based arrangements. Building a strong reputation and providing exceptional service can lead to a steady stream of clientele and higher earnings.
Location: Prince George, BC
Salary: 26.50 hourly / 40 to 50 hours per week
Terms of employment Permanent employment: Full time Day, Overtime
Start date: Starts as soon as possible
Benefits: Health benefits
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Barbershop or hairstyling salon/studio
- Provide haircuts, beard trims, and shaves according to client preferences and style requests.
- Use barbering tools such as clippers, scissors, razors, and styling products to achieve desired hairstyles and grooming looks.
- Provide exceptional customer service by greeting clients, listening to their needs, and offering professional advice and recommendations.
- Maintain cleanliness and hygiene standards in the barbershop, including sterilizing equipment and sanitizing workstations.
- Stay updated on the latest hair and grooming trends, techniques, and products to offer the best services to clients.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, ensuring their satisfaction and loyalty.
- Manage appointment scheduling, ensuring efficient workflow and minimal wait times.
- Promote and sell grooming products, such as styling gels, pomades, and beard oils, to clients for at-home maintenance.
- Proven experience as a barber or hairstylist with a focus on men’s grooming.
- Excellent knowledge of different hairstyles, hair types, and grooming techniques.
- Proficiency in using barbering tools and equipment, including clippers, trimmers, scissors, and razors.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with clients and understand their preferences.
- Attention to detail and precision in haircutting, styling, and beard grooming.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage time efficiently.
- Understanding of hygiene and safety practices in a barbershop setting.
- Knowledge of men’s grooming products and the ability to provide recommendations to clients.
- Valid barbering license or certification in compliance with local regulations.
- Book appointments
- Cut and trim hair according to the client’s instructions or preferences
- Shampoo customers’ hair
- Shave and trim beards and mustaches
- Provide other hair treatments, such as waving, straightening, and tinting, and also provide scalp conditioning massages
- Analyze hair and scalp condition and provide basic treatment or advice on beauty care treatments for scalp and hair
- Apply bleach, tints, dyes, or rinses to color, frost, or streak hair
- Cut, trim, taper, curl, wave, perm, and style hair
- Maintain and order supplies
Experience and specialization
Hair styling techniques
- Blow drying
- Hair braiding
- Iron waving/curling
- Roller setting
Hair colouring techniques
Security and safety
- Public transportation is available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Standing for extended periods
- Client focus
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Health care plan
Who can apply for this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply