A room attendant, also known as a housekeeper or maid, is a hospitality industry professional responsible for maintaining and cleaning guest rooms and public areas in hotels, resorts, motels, and other lodging establishments. Their primary role is to ensure that guest rooms are clean, comfortable, and well-presented for the hotel’s guests.
225 Front Street WestToronto, ONM5V 2X3
23.40 hourly / 25 to 40 hours per week
Permanent employment Full time
Day, Evening, Weekend, On Call
Starts as soon as possible
Benefits: Health benefits, Financial benefits, Long term benefits
- No degree, certificate or diploma
*Sweep, mop, wash and polish floors
*Vacuum carpeting, area rugs, draperies and upholstered furniture
*Make beds and change sheets
*Distribute clean towels and toiletries
*Stock linen closet
*Clean, disinfect and polish kitchen and bathroom fixtures and appliances
*Handle and report lost and found items
*Attend to guests’ requests for extra supplies or other items
*Pick up debris and empty trash containers
*Wash windows, walls and ceilings
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Paramedical services coverage
- Vision care benefits
- As per collective agreement
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Pension plan
- Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA)
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?